Posted by ppalmer
on Dec 28th, 2011 in Breaches
| Comments Off
Learn how to protect against data loss and preserve your company’s reputation with proven data loss prevention solutions with InterGuard.
First off, what is Data Loss Prevention?
- Data loss prevention—also known as data leakage protection—helps ensure that customer information, personal employee information, and research and development (R&D) data remains safe and secure within your organization.
- Data loss prevention solutions and industry leading data loss prevention software will strategically protect your most important data and proprietary information that if lost could cost your company significantly.
See how our DLP solution can help strengthen your IT Security and overall business strategy with a test drive of our service.
How Will Data Loss Prevention Solutions Help My Business?
- The InterGuard, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is a software tool that will provide your company with a focused security approach that will help your organization protect all sensitive data. Once you’ve identified your most critical data and its location on the network, you will be able to monitor:
- Who is accessing and who is using it
- Where it is being sent, copied or transmitted
- The resulting tracking information allows organizations to manage sensitive data more confidently. This not only prevents against data loss but also flags any data being handled in a way that deviates from your company’s established security policies.
How Can I Help My Business Implement Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solutions?
- Identify your most sensitive data-not all data requires DLP strategies
- Determine how sensitive data is currently being used and who needs to have access to it
- Match DLP enforcement to your security policy to ensure compliance
- What Comprises a Data Loss Prevention Solution?
An effective data loss prevention solution consists of a mix of the following components:
Encryption describes an algorithm used to jumble data in transit or stored on devices rendering it useless for those attempting to access without an encryption key. Encryption prevents lost or stolen data from being viewed or used by non-authorized individuals.
Encryption can be used with a wide array of devices including desktops, laptops, networked systems, mobile devices, removable media and storage devices.
- Data Leakage Products
Data leakage products help monitor, manage and protect data to minimize the risks of data loss and ensure compliance with security policies. These tools help classify data and monitor, report, or restrict data from being printed, e-mailed, or copied. Data is protected regardless of where the data resides even if the file type is changed.
- Getting Started with Data Loss Prevention
- An initial discovery session to understand your goals, requirements and budget
- An assessment review of your existing environment and definition of project requirements
- Detailed vendor evaluations, recommendations, future design and proof of concept
- Procurement, configuration and deployment of the final solution
- Ongoing product lifecycle support